Wednesday, January 8, 2014
Happy New Year From Option One Plumbing!
It's a new year and a chance for a new start. Option One Plumbing wants you to start the new year off right and help you have a plumbing-issue free year. Our hope this year is that you don't need to call us for any emergency plumbing issues. Of course, we are here, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year if you do need us.
Here are some helpful tips that can you can do to help prevent emergency plumbing issues and any damage that may be caused due to plumbing problems:
1) Stop small plumbing problems before they turn into big ones. If you notice a leaky faucet, fix it right away to prevent any water damage. It never hurts to be pro-active about your plumbing!
2) Keep a watchful eye out for any potential signs of trouble! Check your plumbing regularly for any potential problems. If you think you have an issue, please call a licensed plumber prompltly.
3) You should know where your sewer valve and access is located. If your toilet backs up, you will can quickly tell a plumber where to go.
4) You need to know where the primary water shut-off valve is located. This valve will turn off the water to your entire home in one step.
5) Know where the shut off valves for your various appliances are located. If one of them gives you trouble, such as a leaky ice maker or washing machine, you can shut the water off to it without stopping the water flow to the rest of the house.
6) Pay attention to your pipes during the cold weather. Freezing temperatures can ruin or damage your plumbing, so pay attention to the weather forecasts.
7) Invest in quality insulation for all of your plumbing pipes to prevent freezing pipes.
8) If freezing temperatures are expected, you can open the cabinet doors under your sinks to let the warm air from your home reach the pipes. This tip will help prevent freezing.
9) If you do have frozen pipes, shut off the water to your home. You should promptly get started warming the affected pipes. A licensed professional plumber can help.
10) Have a general understanding of how to fix basic plumbing problems on your own. Also keep the plumber’s number handy in case of an emergency.
Everyone here at Option One Plumbing wishes you and your family a happy and healthy new year!