Wednesday, January 8, 2014
Happy New Year From Option One Plumbing!
It's a new year and a chance for a new start. Option One Plumbing wants you to start the new year off right and help you have a plumbing-issue free year. Our hope this year is that you don't need to call us for any emergency plumbing issues. Of course, we are here, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year if you do need us.
Here are some helpful tips that can you can do to help prevent emergency plumbing issues and any damage that may be caused due to plumbing problems:
1) Stop small plumbing problems before they turn into big ones. If you notice a leaky faucet, fix it right away to prevent any water damage. It never hurts to be pro-active about your plumbing!
2) Keep a watchful eye out for any potential signs of trouble! Check your plumbing regularly for any potential problems. If you think you have an issue, please call a licensed plumber prompltly.
3) You should know where your sewer valve and access is located. If your toilet backs up, you will can quickly tell a plumber where to go.
4) You need to know where the primary water shut-off valve is located. This valve will turn off the water to your entire home in one step.
5) Know where the shut off valves for your various appliances are located. If one of them gives you trouble, such as a leaky ice maker or washing machine, you can shut the water off to it without stopping the water flow to the rest of the house.
6) Pay attention to your pipes during the cold weather. Freezing temperatures can ruin or damage your plumbing, so pay attention to the weather forecasts.
7) Invest in quality insulation for all of your plumbing pipes to prevent freezing pipes.
8) If freezing temperatures are expected, you can open the cabinet doors under your sinks to let the warm air from your home reach the pipes. This tip will help prevent freezing.
9) If you do have frozen pipes, shut off the water to your home. You should promptly get started warming the affected pipes. A licensed professional plumber can help.
10) Have a general understanding of how to fix basic plumbing problems on your own. Also keep the plumber’s number handy in case of an emergency.
Everyone here at Option One Plumbing wishes you and your family a happy and healthy new year!
We Charge by the Job, not the Hour!
Option One Plumbing & Rooter is prepared to serve you with professional service and affordable solutions for all plumbing and drain problems that could arise. We are prepared to serve you with emergency reaction or preventative maintenance.
We look forward to serving you and being your plumber for life.
Serving all of Phoenix Az, San Diego CA, San gabriel and the Inland Empire.
It certainly is a no brainer to say that there comes a time when every person in charge of maintaining a local property must look for help from a Plumber at some point, It comes with the territory: there are just too many plumbing fixtures in a house or building, so many things can go wrong with moving water from one place to another. Knowing the good Plumber is great to have.
Basically there are two types of situations in which to engage a Plumber: for emergencies, and for preventative maintenance. Most everyone is familiar with emergency responses. That’s when something is leaking or clogged and you must have that Plumber at your location as soon as possible, to prevent damages or to get that drain unclogged so you can take a shower or wash the clothes.
Drain Cleaning is Part of Preventative Maintenance
Emergency service is inevitable, eventually. But careful planning can go a long way toward limiting long-term costs, and potentially costly emergency visits by your trusty plumber. Let us take drains as an example. You could explore a Drain Cleaning and ensure the exits for the flow of water from your structure are now slowly building with debris or corrosion to a point of no return.
Option One Plumbers have excellent drain cleaning applications and technologies, plus very professional and trained personnel, to ensure only the best maintenance of your drains. Of course you want the job done right, and done right the first time. Today there are Drain Cleaning options such as hydro-jetting, video sewer imagery, and trenchless pipe lining, among other things. Hydro-jetting in particular is becoming more commonplace as a way to apply high-pressure water to blend grease or cut tree roots out of your system.
Benefits of Knowing a Good Plumber
In summary, the responsibility for being in charge of keeping a building operating is a big one. Many things can go wrong, each and every day, plumbing being one of them. And when plumbing goes wrong, you can lose many things necessary for daily living. So it is a great tool to know a good Plumber. It is not difficult to find help, the challenge is to find the cream of the crop.
Wise building managers also think ahead and plan for preventative maintenance when it comes to the plumbing of a building. A big part of that is drains. Drains can too easily fall victim to build up of debris or corrosion and clog when you least expect it. Engage a Drain Cleaning periodically to at least inspect your drains, if not to clean them out entirely, and you can avoid potentially costly emergency visits down the road.
Phoenix, Drain Cleaning
Drain Cleaning in Phoenix
Plumber in Phoenix